This Page

has been moved to new address

Valentines card

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
One dog,loads of crafts: Valentines card

Saturday 21 February 2009

Valentines card




I´ve had the idea for this card for a few weeks now, and yesterday (12.02.09) I finally had the time to make it! This is the most time consuming card I´ve ever made, and I will probably never do it again. Just the letters took me about 4 hours. Everything on the card is handmade.

I started with the eyes. I sketched them up, and transfered them to a Rough Watercolour paper. I drew them in usin pencil, then coloured the eyes withe watercolour pencils before I used tube watercolours for the shadows. After theat I disdressed the edges of the paper, and used soft pastels to colour the edge (I don´t have chalks...)

The letters are all cut out by hand, using cardboard from the back of a sketchbook. After thet I coverde them in napkins using a Decoupage Finish to glue and seal.

I can see that I sohuld have put some with backing paper behind the lettering to make them stand out more, but then I would have to make them even smaller, and the job was difficult enough as it was!





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home